Improve milk protein production
Megalac Plus combines the energy benefits of Megalac rumen-protected fat with a source of rumen-bypass methionine, one of the first limiting amino acid building blocks for milk protein production.
Methionine must be supplied in rumen-protected form to ensure it is delivered to the udder for use rather than broken down in the rumen.
Features and Benefits
- Contains Megalac rumen-protected fat to improve milk yield and fertility
- High energy
- Fat not fermented in the rumen - energy without risk of acidosis
- Contains rumen-protected source of methionine to improve milk protein
- Methionine also helps clear fat from the liver to reduce risk of liver disorders (e.g. ketosis and fatty liver)
- Methionine can also help increase fat supply to the udder for milk fat production
- Lactating cows 400 to 800 g/head/day
- Sheep & goats 50 to 100 g/head/day
Megalac Plus should be mixed with other ingredients in the diet and can be included as part of a total mixed ration, blend or compound pellet.
Available in 25kg bags (48 x 25kg bags per pallet).