The multi-purpose rumen-protected fat
Mega-Max is the new supplement in the Megalac range of rumen-protected fats, developed based on the latest scientific research on feeding fats to dairy cows. Mega-Max is uniquely-formulated with a specific balance of C16:0 and C18:1 fatty acids to achieve performance benefits through the whole lactation.
Mega-Max is a multi-purpose fat supplement for dairy cows and other ruminants targeted to improve milk yield, milk fat, fertility and body condition score throughout lactation.
Why is Mega-Max Unique?
Manufactured to Volac Wilmar’s unique specification, Mega-Max combines C16:0 and C18:1 fatty acids in the ratio determined to be most effective in the critical early lactation period to balance milk production and body condition. In later stages of lactation, Mega-Max supplies C16:0 to increase milk fat and C18:1 to improve fertility, offering an ideal one-product solution to fat supplementation for dairy farmers.
Features and Benefits
- Contains C16:0 and C18:1 fatty acids in the most effective ratio to balance milk production and body condition
- C16:0 increases milk fat %
- C18:1 improves fat digestibility and fertility
- A neutral-odour rumen-protected fat - increases diet fat without reducing fibre digestion
- Increases energy supply without risk of acidosis
- Lactating cows 300-800 g/head/day
- Beef cattle 150-300 g/head/day
- Sheep 50-100 g/head/day
- Goats 50-100 g/head/day
Mega-Max should be mixed with other ingredients in the diet and can be included as part of a total mixed ration, blend or compound pellet.
Available in 25kg bags on pallets and mini-bulk bags.
Proven by research
As well as producing higher volumes of milk (1.6L/day) and milk fat, cows offered the Mega-Max diet in early lactation, maintained body condition score.
Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC; Crichton Royal Farm, UK)