More milk, better fertility
Megalac 2.0 is a rumen-protected fat supplement which increases energy supply in diets without increasing the acid load in the rumen and risk of acidosiss, unlike starchy sources of energy such as cereals.
Megalac 2.0 is an ideal supplement to increase energy supply in early lactation diets of cows and sheep and is well-proven to improve cow fertility.
Features and Benefits
- A LOW ODOUR formula
- Increases milk yield – average 2.3 litres/day
- Improves egg quality and conception rates
- Increases progesterone (the key hormone for pregnancy)
- High ME = 33.3 MJ/kg DM
- Highest measured NE = 27.3 MJ/kg DM
- Not fermented in the rumen – energy without risk of acidosis
- Suitable energy source for all ruminant species
- Proven for over 30 years
- Lactating cows 400-800 g/head/day
- Dry cows 125 g/head/day
- Beef cattle 150-500 g/head/day
- Sheep & Goats 50-100 g/head/day
Megalac 2.0 should be mixed with other ingredients in the diet and can be included as part of a total mixed ration, blend or compound pellet.
Available in 25kg bags on pallets, mini-bulk bags and true bulk.
The average increase in milk yield, recorded across 18 research studes, is 2.23 litres/cow/day from a standard supplement of approximately 500g of Megalac.
Penn State University, USA
Want to know more?
Our professional staff are on-hand to answer any questions you might have about our products and services.